Friday, May 1, 2009

Portrait photographers are outsourcing post-production too!

90% of my post-production jobs are wedding photography related.
Today I received 2 new inquiries about portrait photography post-production.
As always, no names attached... but I've found a pattern that identify ME as well... does it sound familiar to you too? :) too many clients, not enough time...

- Photographer #1: "It was so nice talking to you today. Sorry I was rushed off the phone - twice! I totally forgot I had a client coming... not for a shoot but I was rushing to get ready for her. I am done now but promised another client I would have a draft of a composite for her this afternoon... I can't believe you are doing it all on the side. Girl... quit that job and go full time. you can! I'm supposed to be working. I'll email you later..." - SG from NJ, Usa

- Photographer #2: "I have been wondering if there was a 'you' that existed out there! haha I edit my own photos, am particular and want the to pop! I have 3 small girls and am doing about 2 to 4 clients a week right now. you can do the math and see what wee hours I am editing! :) Do you swap heads between pics? Are you able to edit fly away hair? These are just a few individual requests I have had... I have a feeling you are going to blow me away, but this is a first for me. After learning about PS and being proud of my own edits, it feels odd to turn them over. However, I need the help and from a professional like yourself...not someone who wants to swap pics and 'learn' about PS. I get that all the time! Please!! :)" - JP from TX, Usa

My response: "My job is not to turn your photos into mine but to imitate your style and use all the available tools I have to enhance your own GOOD images, specially for portrait projects. Each photographer has a very specific way to present their work, I'm just a ghost-editor..." - Rosie

1 comment: